* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Responsible repairing and maintaining plant equipment to ensure that maximum operational goals can be obtained using electrical and PLC/programming knowledge.
- Working knowledge of maintenance techniques for electrical and mechanical systems, such as instrumentation, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, power transmission devices, bearings and seals, motors electrical power and controls circuits, electronic components and systems, such as DC and variable AC drive controllers, programmable controllers, and other solid state equipment.
- Program and maintain/update programs on all plant PLCs
- Maintain skill levels in industrial maintenance techniques to keep pace with changing technology by containing education in such areas to meet the needs of the plant.
- Knowledge of Robotics’ and Automation
- Knowledge of servos, analog, and Serco’s knowledge
- Knowledge in communications including ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet
- Make documented reports of conditions found and actions taken and recommend improvements.
- Provide support for production and projects for safety improvements, process improvements, OEE improvements, and costs savings initiatives.
- Assist Plant Electrical SPA in remaining in compliance with electrical safety and LTV requirements.
- Responsible to comply with SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food packaging product and to report food safety problems to those with authority to act.
Education and Work Requirements:
- 5+ years' civilian electrical or electronic manufacturing maintenance experience (to include working on PLCs.)
Title: Plant Electrical Specialist
Location: South Boston VA
Client Job ID: 1580465