Patent Litigation Paralegal (DC) Job – Job #1567482
Intellectual Property – Patent Litigation Paralegal – (DC)
We are recruiting for a Patent Litigation – ITC experienced paralegal for a prestigious Law Firm.
- Create, organize, review, and maintain litigation case files
- Monitor litigation docket and due dates; manage litigation calendars using CompuLaw
- Compile, assist, and prepare court filings including, but not limited to, proofreading, cite checking, motions, briefs, and memoranda; and assembling exhibits and appendices at the District and Appellate courts and the International Trade Commission (ITC)
- Maintain proficiency with the mechanics of e-filing using U.S.D.C. CM/ECF filing systems, and USITC EDIS filing system
- Perform factual and legal research in databases including Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, PACER, EDIS, and the USPTO
- Coordinate document collection, review, and productions in concert with litigation support and third party e-discovery vendors
- Conduct searches on production databases for relevant documents using IPRO, Relativity, and other document management software
- Proactively manage all phases of fact and expert discovery
- Manage day-to-day workflow and delegation of responsibilities to team members
- Prepare materials for depositions, hearings, trials, and arbitrations
- Attend and provide support to attorneys at court and agency proceedings including the ITC
- Mentor junior paralegals and temporary staff as needed
- Assist with special projects and assignments as necessary
- Must be flexible to work overtime on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, though not required
- A minimum of five years patent litigation experience
- Familiarity with litigation and hearings at the ITC is required
- Knowledge and understanding of the litigation process and e-discovery; experience with database management software, review, and production
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat; CompuLaw; Case Notebook; Relativity; IPRO (Eclipse); FileSite.
- Willingness to support matters at any level required
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible to respond quickly to shifting demands
- Ability to work under tight deadlines; handle multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously, and prioritize appropriately
- Must be a team player
- Must deliver high-quality work product and work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
WHY LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked #3 on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2018.