* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Maintains, times and repairs high speed packaging equipment while maximizing production requirements that meets/exceeds manufacturing specifications.
What you’ll do:
- Multi-skilled with strong mechanical aptitude and abilities and a solid electrical background. Must have a basic proficiency in welding and machining (lathe, mill, drill press, band saw).
- Must be able to read mechanical and electrical blueprints.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts, times and makes all repairs to packaging department equipment – Pack lines, palletizer, stretch wrappers, and all raw materials conveying equipment – with minimal downtime.
- Preventive maintenance on all packaging equipment.
- Fabricates stock parts for the packaging equipment – Hi-speed rails, bushings, etc.
- Repairs/rebuilds motors, brakes, pumps etc. when necessary.
- Tracks electrical problems on all equipment including the PLC’s.
- Performs machine change over’s and sets-up all packaging lines to ensure vertical startups for increased production
- Assist in meeting high quality standards and production quotas in the Packaging Department.
- Subject to overtime as needed to meet production demands
- Familiar with the plant food safety program and basic HACCP principles
- Work any shift during the week as well as weekends
- Must be self starting/can work without direction.
- Use safe operating procedures and judgment including Lock Out Tag Procedures specified by Old Fort Facility.
- Operate forklift in a safe and timely manner.
- Follow all facility rules to maintain quality and integrity of both raw materials and finished products
- Lift 50 pounds consistently
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma / GED is required
- Minimum two years Mechanical Experience