Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for an Outside Sales Representative selling their construction services in the Atlanta metro region. Previous experience in the construction industry preferred, but will consider candidates that are open to new industry and have the ability to successfully make cold calls into new customers and build relationships.
Outside Sales Representative
Sells construction services by establishing and maintaining effective contact with potential buyers. Plan, develop, coordinate, and manage onsite construction engineering activities for small projects.
- Regional Sales Manager, VP of Sales, Operations Manager/Dispatch, Mechanics, Technicians, Laborers, Administrative Staff
- Industry Associations, Customers and Prospects
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Make Sales Calls including, cold calls, follow up calls and Lost business calls, in representatives' specific area or as designated by Sales Manager and/or Business Development Manager. This area will include Construction, Manufacturing, Distribution, industrial, Federal/Military, College and Medical facilities.
- Develop and identify prospects from current clients, referral leads, and other sources. May lead/participate in presentations to new clients. Establish and maintain effective contact with clients.
- Identify new work leads and manage lead follow-up, record keeping and information distribution.
- Provide Estimates on Demolition scopes on Jobs.
- Meet with client management, staff and supervisory personnel to explain character, policies, skills, resources, and capabilities of the firm.
- Notify management of sales activities and approximate timing for company proposal and bid submittals.
- Determine client needs and evaluate company resources and capabilities in light of those needs.
- Represent company, project and/or department during client and project management meetings.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, processes, material control, etc.)
- Interface all on-site work groups as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule.
- May assist in the development and implementation of the Strategic Marketing Plan, department sales objectives, and individual sales plans.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Negotiable, Overnights at a minimum.
- Position is highly visible to potential customers and requires the ability to influence/persuade using the sales process and be able to develop relationships and close sales.
- Two-year business or technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer related construction experience, not required.
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and written) skills. English – proficient in business writing and verbal communication
- Computer/Office Machines – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record required when duties require use of motor vehicle.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random screening for illegal substances.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree: Associates Degree
- Work Experience: 2-3 year
Title: Outside Sales
Location: Atlanta metropolitan
Client Industry: Construction services
Lucas Group ID: 1589276