* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Operations Supervisor with coaching and guidance from plant leadership, the Operations Supervisor will gain in-depth knowledge of all production processes from start-up to shut-down, and is expected to be able to make solid decisions pertaining to product quality, safety, and efficiencies for their applicable department rotation. As part of their development process, Operations Supervisors are also responsible for monitoring aspects of team performance throughout their rotation, including product testing, equipment operations, product inventories, and employee scheduling to meet production needs. The Operations Supervisor will assist in building an effective employee team by engaging, mentoring, and developing hourly team members when applicable.
We Ask You to:
Technical Training & Onboarding
- Develops and demonstrates knowledge of production processes which assures that production yields and efficiencies are met as defined by budgetary and corporate standards.
- Demonstrates developed people leadership skills in the production department rotation by supporting and implementing programs in training, safety, communications, performance recognition, and internal employee development in order to ensure peak employee productivity.
- Supervises daily shift operations to ensure production standards and quality parameters are met where needed.
- Achieves targeted production volumes for area of responsibility.
- Determines equipment repair needs and initiates maintenance work orders to minimize production downtime.
- Helps to monitor team operations and makes recommendations for labor and manufacturing efficiency, cost savings, and quality improvements.?
- Executes to the department’s financial performance goals to assure that a quality product is provided at the least possible cost.??
- Helps to implement plant safety programs to ensure compliance and a safe working environment.?
- Assists in leading and executing the department’s quality systems to achieve quality goals.?
- Plans and schedules daily staffing needs to maximize labor efficiency and ensure production needs are met, with guidance.
- Leads and coaches team employees when applicable.??
- Helps to build and foster strong working relationships, collaboration within the team and a positive work environment.?
- Reinforces company and plant policies fairly and consistently.?
- Ensures team employees have completed all required training.?
- Responds to employee questions and concerns.