* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
As an Operations Supervisor on our team, you’ll be helping to keep our distribution center operating smoothly. From training to problem solving to maintaining equipment, your work will help save lives. Specifically, we need you to:
- Help plan and direct operations
- Keep morale and work standards high
- train and manage your team
- control expenses
- control employee turnover and overtime hours
- make sure equipment and housekeeping are exceptional
Along with the responsibilities you’ll be given, we’ll also encourage you to make the most of our training and development. Our culture of diversity and opportunity works to support you as you advance in your career. You’ll collaborate with coworkers and lead by example. You’ll help us work to solve our nation’s healthcare challenges and decrease costs so that everyone can afford the care they need.
Schedule: 12:30pm-9PM Mon-Friday
- Assist Operations Manager with planning, organizing and directing warehouse activities to ensure successful night shift operations.
- Assist with leading workers and Lead persons. Assist with maintaining a positive morale, work standards and developing teams.
- Assist with training and managing employee performance
- Assertively seek solutions to problems at the root level.
- Ensure warehouse operations comply with federal, state, and local company policies
- Assist with controlling expenses
- Assist with reducing employee turnover / Assist with reducing overtime working hours
- Ensure warehouse equipment and vehicles are well maintained and that housekeeping meets company standards.
- 3+ years operational experience including 2+ years managerial experience
- Bachelor’s degree Required
- Experience managing, leading and developing staff
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent and effective business communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment and make strong business decisions
- Demonstrated employee engagement skills
- Must be open to flexible night hours, Sunday through Thursday with typical start time of 5PM; must also be open to adjusting shift and overtime as needed based on business requirements
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Industry experience in logistics, supply chain, warehouse, manufacturing or distribution environment preferred
- Skilled in interviewing, coaching, evaluation, discipline and record keeping
- Experience with DEA regulations a plus
- WMS experience preferred
- MS Access proficiency and ability to interpret and analyze data
- High energy distribution center environment
- May be required to work various shifts, including nights and days.
- Some overtime required