* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
The Operations Manager directs and coordinates activities involved with procuring products for sales and distribution.
- Reviews open sales orders, purchase orders, vendor claims and transfers.
- Reviews and ensures proper warehouse safety procedures are followed.
- Consults with regional buyers and/or vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Manages inventory, controls stock outs and reduces excessive inventory; performs cycle counts to prevent inventory shrink.
- Manages freight expense and approves invoices/freight bills for payment.
- Manages Accounts Payable discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Supervises the proper routing, loading and preparing of orders for shipment and delivery in accordance with customer instructions.
- Trains new employees on warehouse and distribution procedures.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Supports sales staff in meeting sales objectives.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of operations experience, managing a team of 5+ employees, in industrial distribution or warehouse environment.
- Experience with Inventory Management software preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial product lines (construction materials, plumbing supplies, electrical supplies, HVAC supplies, auto parts, irrigation supplies, etc.) preferred.
Title: Operations Manager
Location: Richmond VA
Client Job ID: 1583589