Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Operations Manager.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Leads and develops a group of supervisors (Packaging System Advisors) in achieving performance goals in the following areas: Safety, Quality, Cost, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Service.
- Leads the team through an emphasis on both process and people (The What and The How)
- Ensure a culture of engagement for all levels within the organization
- Builds rapport and collaborative relationships across cross-functional teams in order to achieve business unit and plant goals.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures operational compliance with safety absolutes
- Drives a Continuous Improvement culture through the application of Lean Manufacturing techniques. Develops and implements operations improvement plans with glide path and action planning tracking
- Partner with Supply Chain Planning to ensure optimal schedules are developed and attained.
- Develop and maintain productivity pipeline for the Business Unit
- Oversees the review of invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Engineering or Packaging Science strongly preferred. A bachelor degree in other related fields will be considered.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of people and process leadership experience in a food and beverage environment.
- Lean /Six Sigma Certification preferred Able to work a variable schedule
- Able to develop strong, direct, and honest relationships with all Welch employees.
- Able to motivate, focus, handle multitude of tasks at once. Possess strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to develop the communication, teamwork and continuous improvement skills of the employees in the assigned business unit
- Demonstrates problem solving approach to managing and coaching. Able to coach subordinates to solve complex problems individually and as part of a team.
- Degree: Bachelors Degree
- Work Experience: 3-5 years of Food Manufacturing Experience
Client Industry: XXX
Lucas Group ID: