We are exclusively retained by a multi-billion dollar food and beverage company on a high-level Production leadership opportunity located at one of their biggest plants located Eastern Wisconsin (relocation available). We are looking for an experienced and polished leader that enjoys developing large teams through a servant leader mindset.
This role would involve oversight of approximately 500 employees including a team of direct reports of Supervisors and a Production Manager. This site has several buildings on one campus and many production lines. The plant is running well, and the team is tenured so we are looking for someone that takes pride in preserving a great culture while still being driven to achieve production goals and keeping an excellent product quality and employee safety standards.
- Oversight of production, quality, safety, and cost metrics.
- Lead a team of several hundred non-union employees in a 24/7 environment.
- Management of a Production Manager and several Production Supervisors. Indirect supervision of Maintenance, Quality, EH&S, Supply Chain, and other departments.
- Leverage data to track performance and identify areas of continuous improvement. KPI’s include Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), cost-per-pound, quality metrics, safety, and employee retention.
- Work with the Quality department to ensure production meets defined quality standards.
- Ensure a culture of safety compliance to keep a low Total Incident Rate (TIR)
- Hire, train, and develop salaried and hourly employees. Need to focus on and take pride in developing staff into higher-level positions and keeping attrition low.
- Work with Engineering & Maintenance on equipment, raw material, and packaging issues.
- Maintain SQF Level 3, AIB, and BRC standards throughout the production floor.
- Interact with a variety of cross-functional departments in meetings and during projects.
- Represent the company when interacting with external vendors and customers.
- Drive Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma related processes and projects within the facility.
- A Bachelor degree is strongly preferred.
- At least 7+ years of experience leading production efforts within the food, beverage, ingredient, or powder manufacturing industries.
- Knowledge of SAP is beneficial.
- Previous success in leading & developing teams in a positive manner while still driving accountability.