We are proud to be partnering with our client, an online and retail resource that provides products that is with cultivating plants. This is a very important role for our client as they are looking for an Operations Manager to oversee their distribution warehouse.
The Operations Manager is responsible for improving the company's operating capabilities, specifically in the areas of warehouse management including accurate management of inventory, receiving, fulfillment and shipping of a diverse product assortment across multiple channels - website, B2B, Amazon/Ebay and retail. You will be responsible for creating synergy across the entire organization to make sure the company is able to drive a long term business competitive advantage.
- Responsible for all warehouse personnel and operations including receiving, storage, and shipment of all inventory on a timely and regulation compliant basis.
- Oversee and develop the key leads (supervisors) for Shipping, Receiving and Inventory to ensure adherence to key KPIs, maximizing throughput while maintaining service levels, minimizing mis-shipments and finalizing. Oversight of the scheduling, assignment and development of all warehouse personnel.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Establish safeguards for personnel and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Oversee inventory levels by conducting physical counts; making adjustments and coordination with operations and finance/accounting to ensure the accurate record of inventory.
- Oversee the physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Works with Supervisors to recruit, select, orient, and train employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Improve service levels and fulfillment rates, and improve team communication and collaboration.
- Work with the Purchasing department to Improve inventory practices by analyzing and identifying true resource requirements, opportunities and total inventory management ROI.
- Oversees the warehouse compliance with OSHA and all safety related regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University or College degree.
- At least 5 years experience in overseeing B2B and or B2C warehouse operations, at least two years in a supervisory capacity.
- Strong computer knowledge, including Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of WMS systems