We are proud to be partnering with our client, a 150 year old, multi-billion dollar industry leader on an Operations Manager opening to be located at their large plant near the Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri border (relocation assistance available). This is a very important role for our client as they are looking for a polished leader that would be interested in moving into a Director level role at one of their other facilities nationwide within the next few years. This is one of their largest plants in the organization and we are seeking someone who has worked in large, fast-paced operations.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the team and output of 9 different production & assembly lines. The Operations Manager will have a team of Supervisors as direct reports and up to 400 people indirectly underneath them. This is a fast-paced blending and packaging location so any previous experience in a similar environment is beneficial. The company has been experiencing consistent growth and we are looking for someone qualified for the current Operations Manager position that can develop into a Director-level leader within the next few years.
Operations Manager Responsibilities
- Lead six production and three manual assembly lines.
- Drive performance output while adhering to safety standards.
- Lead a team of salaried Supervisors and indirectly manage anywhere from 200-400 staff and contract workers depending on seasonality in a three-shift, 24/5 facility.
- Create and maintain relevant metrics to monitor results and identify areas for additional improvement.
- Manage the departmental budget including labor costs, OT, material costs, and other relevant budgetary items.
- As part of the site leadership team, participate in meetings and be a positive influence to develop teams while ensuring a respectful culture.
- Support capital projects, development of new products, and site improvements.
Operations Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering, Operations, Business, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five years leading production in a large, fast-paced, high-volume production environment.
- Knowledge of packaging or liquid blending is preferred but not required.
- Must be open to relocation to another site within the US within the next five years.
- Demonstrable experience leading teams, driving employees to achieve targets, develop employees into higher-level positions, and ensure a positive & safe environment.