Our client is an established manufacturing company that has had double-digit growth the last several years and we are seeking an Operations Manager or Manufacturing Manager for their facility north of the Detroit metro area. The Operations Manager will be responsible for partnering with the General Manager to lead daily manufacturing including Production, Quality, Supply Chain, Maintenance, EH&S, and Continuous Improvement.
Operations Manager Responsibilities
- Lead manufacturing teams to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly KPIs involving production goals. This includes creating the metrics for evaluation and then evaluating performance on an individual, departmental, and organization-wide basis.
- The Operations Manager is responsible for all manufacturing processes on the production floor that meet customer demands and internal quality standards.
- In addition to managing Manufacturing, the Operations Manager is also responsible for overseeing Supply Chain, Shipping & Receiving, Maintenance, and Tooling department Managers & Supervisors and accountable for the results of those teams.
- Lead the continuous improvement projects including Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Implement and manage an environmental, health, & safety (EHS) program to maintain a culture of safety. This includes leading monthly safety meetings.
- As a member of the leadership team, the Operations Manager is also responsible for working with site leadership including the General Manager, HR Manager, and others on company-wide initiatives.
- Manage at least 3 direct reports at the Management and Supervisory level. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for hiring, training, and development of employees on the production floor.
Operations Manager Requirements
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field.
- At last 5+ years of overseeing production in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MPR/ERP software is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with the entire employee populations, the internal leadership team, suppliers, and customers.