* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day manufacturing operations for the entire plant. Achievement of the company safety, quality, production, and efficiency objectives is the dominant requirement of this job. This person must utilize effective planning, organizing, and leadership activities to manage the departments that are involved in the manufacture and shipment of ingredient, solutions and products. Knowledge and understanding of safety, quality, and technical processes is critical to successful fulfillment of the position.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, Fire Safety, Local EPA, and other regulatory requirements.
- Maintain Facility Compliance with Customer, USDA, FDA, State, AIB, TQSA, and GMP regulations regarding sanitation and employee hygiene.
- Key driver of the Safety and Quality cultures at the facility.
- Leads direct reports by setting up goals and objectives and driving accountability
- Responsible for the Drying, Agglomeration, Inclusions, Warehouse, and Maintenance departments
- Oversees Facility Management of the entire Plant Complex including the Fox Run location.
- Lead the supervision team in setting up and maintaining reporting systems sufficient to the efficient operation and achievement of corporate production goals.
- Prepare and manage both the operating and capital budgets for the Defiance facility
- Analyze plant performance on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and ensure gaps to targets are addressed.
- Lead team in developing plant improvement projects to improve safety or quality, reduce costs, or increase revenues.
- Develop and sustain a collaborative working relationship with the employees.
- Conduct daily plant supervision team meetings and monthly meetings for the plant employees.
- Develop a network of relationships with community leaders and participate in community outreach programs, as necessary.
- Maintain suitable training programs sufficient to achieve production goals.
- Perform other duties as required by senior management.
- Maintain emissions and disposal control log.
- Finalize campaign production run report using excel.
- Maintain production schedules - campaigns / shifts / clean-ups