Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Off-Shift Materials Supervisor.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Position: Off-Shift Materials Supervisor: The Materials Supervisor (Off-Shift) is responsible for supervising daily activities of materials personnel to ensure safe and efficient storage and retrieval of supplies/components/resources to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
Supervisory Capacity: Direct Reports: 6-10
- Oversee the activities of Material Handling personnel and assist when necessary. Responsible for monitoring production material to ensure adequate inventory levels.
- Responsible for monitoring production material to ensure adequate inventory levels.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting of receipts and other inventory-related data on the computer to accurately maintain inventory levels of production material.
- Responsible for assisting cycle counters to ensure accurate inventory accountability.
- Monitor suppliers and commercial carriers to ensure that delivery schedules are consistently met and any error rectified on a timely basis.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining computer data (ex. Trailer maps, warehouse locations, etc.) to ensure database integrity.
- Plan goals and individual development with each direct report.
- Arrange for and follows up on special pick-ups and deliveries.
- Review employee performance and coach employees on a regular basis.
- Communicates issues that cannot be resolved to Human Resources and develops an appropriate action plan with HR to correct the issue.
- Identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement, ensure that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, measured, reported and reviewed in the respective area of responsibility.
- Any and all other duties assigned by manager.
Area of Study: Electric, Mechanical and / or Industrial Engineering Administration, Materials, and/or Logistics or similar.
- Equivalent work experience may also be considered for certain positions.
- 2-5 Years of Experience within the field.
- 1-3 Years of Experience within the automotive industry.
- Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial manufacturing plants which might require climbing, lifting, or working in confined spaces.
- Basic supervisor skills and experience.
- TS 16949 knowledge.
Title: Off-Shift Materials Supervisor
Location: Detroit, MI
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: