Lucas Group has partnered with a highly successful baked goods manufacturer on their search for an accomplished Night Manager for their production facility in the Atlanta area.
This position is responsible for all activities that occur within the manufacturing facility during the night shift, managing: Supervisors in Sanitation, Production, Packaging, and Shipping. The Night Manager operates effectively as a leader with direct responsibility for manufacturing and key support process operations. The purpose of this position is to achieve continuous improvements in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, and customer service.
- Oversee manufacturing operations for a commercial baking facility consisting of hourly associates and a management staff.
- Lead the achievement of a zero-injury workplace by ensuring safe work conditions for associates and compliance with all state and federal regulations on environmental, health, and safety issues.
- With a focus on the front line and a bias for action, ensure associates have the tools resources and capabilities to succeed and deliver on expectations.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations and achieving key performance measurements related to personnel safety, quality and food safety, service, and cost, while continually improving process reliability and performance.
- Build a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and professionalism, demonstrating active support in the Company’s values and policies.
- Extend capabilities to meet market needs and support profitable growth of the products produced by the facility.
- Build an organization that is customer focused, flexible, and has a strong business acumen.
- Conducts performance appraisals and talent assessments of the management team and recommends and/or implements appropriate training programs to address developmental needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree not required, but degree in Business, Engineering, Food Science, or a technical field would be a plus.
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible manufacturing experience, at least 5 years which must be in the food industry.
- Baked goods manufacturing experience preferred.
- 4+ years of experience leading supervisors.
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives that drive a zero-injury culture.
- Participative management style and excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record leading the improvement of operations