Our petroleum client has an urgent need for a Network Engineer to join their team due to rapidly expanding operations. The Network Engineer will ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video and wireless network services. They will also be responsible for supporting the architecture, configuration, implementation, support and maintenance of technologies managed by the Network Operations team. The ideal candidate will be able to analyze and resolve network problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training and documentation where required. The ability to work closely with the systems and security teams at a high level will also be critical for success. The Network Engineer will be instrumental in establishing budgets and determining ROI on future network infrastructure projects, evaluating systems to meet business needs and eventual implementation of chosen technologies. This position will supervise other members of the team and requires exceptional professionalism, communication abilities and strong technical skills.
- 7+ years of experience with degree or 10+ years of experience in lieu of degree in broad network including some if not all the following: LAN/WLAN/MAN/WAN experience, and designing/implementing network infrastructure solutions in Windows and Linux/Unix environments; and networking with blade solutions and architectures, i.e. Cisco UCS, HP/Dell/IBM Blades or 11 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Working knowledge of Cellular and/or satellite networks, Cabling, Racks, Electricity/Power, Firewalls, TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VLANS's, and SSL VPNs
- Extensive experience with Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server platforms emphasizing DNS and DHCP; and knowledge of QoS, CAR, SSL, BGP, HSRP, MPLS, IPSEC, iSCSI, EIGRP, OTV, VRRP, VDC, vPC, VSAN, ACL's and VACL's, DMVPN, T1's, DS3's, OC3's, OSPF, IPv4, Layer 2/3 diagrams, and NTP.
- Experience in Cisco network control solutions (ACS, NAC, ISE), UCCX, WebEx, SIP, H.323 highly desired.
- Documentation and design work with Visio or other tools in a medium/large enterprise experience with multiple locations
- Expertise with Cisco Nexus series switches as well as FC/FCoE/iSCSI
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills associated with evaluation, architecture design and implementation of data networks with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in developing, authoring and executing test plans as well as an understanding of traffic engineering and network modeling.
- Ability to work well within a team with an in depth collaboration with Systems and Security team
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities while working independently
- Interpersonal and relationship skills necessary to work with an integrated team of project managers, developers, quality and other company engineers
- Ability to converse verbally and in writing with strong presentation, communication, organization and time management skills with an understanding of how change management affects others.
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs
- Experience in the Energy and Refining industry preferred
- Fluent in English, oral and written required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related scientific/ technical discipline required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Work experience with one of the certifications listed below demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE), Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert/Developer (MCSE or MCSD), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or certifications in multiple technology areas preferred
Title: Network Engineer
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Lucas Group ID: 1577469