* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
This is a Network Engineer position requiring focus on LAN, WAN, WLAN, Storage, VMWare, & IBM/Lenovo server infrastructure. Responsibilities include; design and implementing all aspects of networking, analyzing and troubleshooting system related issues, identifying, evaluating, and developing system solutions; providing system support.
Required Education and Experience
- Monitor networking and associated systems and proactively address and prevent system issues to ensure maximum system uptime
- Install, maintain, and upgrade routers, switches, and other equipment as necessary
- Maintain local area networks including corporate office and manufacturing plant industrial networks, wide area network, and wireless network
- Provide technical and administrative environment monitoring throughout the enterprise, including networks and security, servers, virtualization, and critical services & applications
- Design, implement and support network strategies as directed.
- Ensure compliance with all software and hardware licenses.
- Communicate company IS requirements to suppliers and monitor their “cost versus performance.”
- Maintain network and data security.
- Maintain data backup systems for all data for the purpose of recovering in the event of data loss.
- Work with other business functions including engineering, operations, maintenance, and other IT functions to provide solutions of business value
- Travel within the United States up to 10% of the time.
- Provide 24/7 support on an on-call basis.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience in all of the following areas:
- Network design and network hardware (Cisco, Meraki, Arista).
- Routing protocols such as BGP & OSPF.
- Layer 3 designs, including VRRP, MPLS, VRFs, and SDWAN
- Layer 2 designs, including VLANs, MST and RSTP.
- Experience in VXLAN designs
- Monitoring and alerting tools such as SolarWinds.
- Advanced networking experience
- 5+ years of technical experience or more.
- Hands on experience with and understanding of:
- Server and desktop virtualization and ability to execute using VMWare solutions.
- Storage & SANs, using Fiber Channel, iSCSI, FCoE, & NFS.
- Windows Server Operating Systems up to and including 2016-2019.
- Industrial Ethernet protocols such as CIP and Profinet.
- Familiarity with the Cisco/Rockwell CPwE Guide.
- Manufacturing experience in the food industry, ideally dairy or packaging.
- Linux experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Strong analytical skills and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve beyond routine issues.
- Strong teamwork approach to problem solving with the ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience.
• Work is performed in an office setting.
• Occasional exposure to industrial operations including: temperature extremes from approximately 35ºF to 100ºF; noise levels in excess of 85 dB; moisture and moving machinery.