* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a global aerospace and defense technology innovator, on their search for a Propulsion Systems Engineer in Marinette WI. The company has over 48,000 employees and operations in more than 100 countries. They make lasting impacts worldwide with over 400 dedicated engineering hubs and nearly 2,000 U.S. patents and applications.
What You Will Do:
- Design support and integration of the Propulsion System
- Support inspection & test of Propulsion system installation including:
- Shaft Alignment
- Engine Light-off
- FMM Trials and Acceptance Trials
- Review and comment of Propulsion System Suppliers Technical Data, Drawings, and Technical Procedures.
- Witness factory tests of Propulsion system supplier defined below.
- Support to Noise Consultant hired by the shipyard.
- Review and inputs to Shipyard Test and Trial Documentation.
- General Engineering support as needed.
- Function as company POC for technical issues related to propulsion systems and ship integration.
- Navy or related military experience is a strong desire.
- Prior satisfactory experience as a propulsion engineer in shipyards interfacing with engineers and management at all levels.
- Prior supervisory experience in a multi-disciplined project and matrixed environment
- Expert knowledge of ships propulsion systems and Hull Machinery (HM) design components of naval ship systems.
- Electrical and mechanical integration experience for military environments requiring environmental qualifications.
- Working knowledge of MIL-SPECS, DOD regulations and practices, Job Cost accounting, and Critical Path management systems.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet programs and their use. Well versed in Microsoft project management tools, CAD, VISIO and Microsoft office applications.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering and 9+ years project and system architecture experience in relevant areas to Naval business strategy.
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Propulsion Systems Engineer
Location: Marinette WI
Client Industry: Aerospace / Engineering
Client Job ID: 1579594