Title: Mortgage Underwriter II or III
Location: Remote Opportunity
Lucas Group Job ID: 1576177
Role Overview: The Underwriter is responsible for analyzing highly complex financial and credit information according to internal underwriting standards, investor guidelines, and federal regulations.
- Underwrites a wide variety of product and loan types with a higher aggregate credit exposure including underwriting exceptions not determined through DU.
- Compile, analyze, and document loan data and credit risk, borrower, and property information.
- May review more complex loans requiring exceptions.
- Responsible for providing strong and clear communication to processors, underwriters, mortgage professionals and borrowers regarding documents needed for mortgage loan files to ensure quick turnaround time.
- Provide training and assistance to Underwriters I and Underwriters II to assist with performance improvement and developmental opportunities.
- Adheres to all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures and protects the confidentiality of borrower information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Graduation from a 4-years college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Advanced analysis skills in the areas of credit, layered risk, and income.
- Ability to underwriting loans at a national level and in all markets.
- FHA - Direct Endorsement (DE) designation required
- Basic computer skills required. Experience with word processing beneficial. Prefer experience with TMO.
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting or lending experience
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.