* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Overall coordination of the finishing process to optimize the use of all resources and equipment in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals. Manage large, two-shift operation (2 Supervisors and 131 people.) Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coordinate communication between assigned departments.
- Provides feedback to providers related to meeting or exceeding expectations defined.
- Ensure the maintenance of all finishing equipment.
- Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets; utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals
- Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
- Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
- Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
Education and Work Requirements:
- BS Engineering or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 8 years of manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of supervision experience (multiple departments)
- Six Sigma training is a plus
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Outlook-Word-Excel.
Title: Mill Production Manager
Location: Moorefield WV
Client Job ID: 1579992