Medical Malpractice Paralegal - Washington, DC - Hybrid Remote during pandemic, 2 to 3 days per week in the office
Lucas Group has partnered with a mid-sized and well-established Washington DC firm offering an expansion opportunity for an experienced litigation paralegal. A strong familiarity with medical records is required to join this growing defense medical malpractice group and become an integral part of the litigation team performing substantive work while enjoying a pleasant and mentoring work environment. This role will be permanently remote for 2 to 3 days per week. Reasonable billable requirements with quarterly bonus eligibility at 387.5 hours per quarter.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assists attorneys in all phases of discovery and motions practice.
- Assists with trial preparation; maintains case calendars, case files, and trial/case notebooks.
- Reviews and indexes medical records; prepares summaries and chronologies of medical records.
- Indexes and summarizes depositions transcripts.
- Performs legal research; compiles, analyzes, and presents findings; obtains information/documents from various courts, government agencies, libraries, and other outside resources.
- Performs research on expert witnesses; utilizes defense database services; maintains expert witness database; receives and responds to requests pertaining to expert witnesses.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Paralegal Certificate Preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with medical records as a litigation paralegal, defense preferred
Title: Litigation Paralegal
Location: Washington, DC
Client Industry: Law Firm
Client Job ID: 1586505
WHY LUCAS GROUP?
Lucas Group is a leading national executive recruitment firm, ranked in top five on Forbes’ list of Best Professional Recruiting Firms in 2020. We offer varied types of opportunities (law firm and in-house), competitive hourly wages, benefits, earned PTO, weekly payroll, and more.