Our client is an industry leading manufacturer of CNC machined precision components. We are partnering with them on a Mechanical Engineer opening to be based out of their plant located at their HQ in North-Central Illinois.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible using Solidworks and AutoCAD for the design of products, tooling, and fixtures. We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer able to lead projects through the entire lifecycle. This will include new product design and updating drawings of existing products. We are seeking someone who enjoys working on a team and seeing their work produced on the factory floor.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities
- Lead the design of products, fixtures, and tooling for CNC machined parts.
- Identify areas for cost savings by improved design.
- Work with Engineering & Production departments to resolve design issues impacting manufacturing.
- Ensure machinery is capable of producing designs.
- Interact with the Tooling department to evaluate the need for new tooling or fixtures.
Mechanical Engineer Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is preferred but not required.
- Experience in product and tooling design with Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with CNC machining or high-volume manufacturing.
- Desire to lead projects from conception through completion.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interest in working in a team environment and collaborating with others.