* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a manufacturer of an extensive line of standard and custom automated spray cleaning, immersion cleaning and ultrasonic cleaning systems, on their search for a Mechanical Design Engineer in Springfield MO. As an industry leader in aqueous parts washers for over 50 years, the company’s engineering staff uses state-of-the-art technology and software to ensure equipment performs at unparalleled levels.
What You Will Do:
Focus on developing bills of materials and design specification prints for aqueous parts washers. Focus will be on fabrication design, mechanical systems design, and specification development for all aspects of the aqueous parts washers.
- Assess project requirements, budgets, timescales and specifications
- Manage product design and release from inception to production approval, including continuous support throughout the production process
- Develop engineering standards and specifications
- Develop and maintain Bills of Materials (BOMs) for custom and standard equipment.
- Develop test specifications and protocols
- Review, approve and revise engineering change requests and BOM change requests.
- Maintain best practices to control product quality
- Provide engineering design and technical support for both manufacturing facilities
- Develop product information for owner/service manuals and maintenance scheduling
- Work with all departments on technical issues throughout equipment life cycles
- Actively contribute in the quality management system and continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Maintain equipment designs for Safety, Quality and Manufacturing Efficiency
- Use Inventor for creating design/manufacturing prints
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes and mechanical/hydraulic systems
- Knowledge of materials, tooling, machine tools and/or manufacturing processes
- Experience in quality assurance systems
- Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor
Educational & Work Requirements:
- BS degree in Engineering (emphasis in Mechanical or Industrial disciplines)
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- Working knowledge of an MRP preferred
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Springfield MO
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Client Job ID: 1579617