* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
SHIFT: Monday-Friday, Days
What You Will Do:
Reporting directly to the Quality Engineering Supervisor, this position involves direct product team support for production operations. This position serves as a measurement systems analysis practitioner, and site metrology contact, supporting manufacturing and product development initiatives. Provides problem-solving support for production and quality associates with respect to measurement equipment.
- Site metrology contact for calibration service provider. Accountable for: maintenance of database of calibrated measurement equipment (including addition of new equipment and removal or deactivation of other equipment), review calibration documentation and certificates, liaison between calibration service provider and owner/user of measurement equipment, work with calibration service provider to ensure equipment calibrated on-time, review and assess equipment found out of tolerance, replace measurement equipment that is broken or cannot be repaired, source calibration service provider for any measurement equipment that cannot be calibrated by current service provider.
- Assist to implement, support, and drive quality engineering initiatives and projects through coordination and training of production and quality associates on measurement systems.
- Complete variable data collection in support of continuous improvement activities. Complete data analysis as requested.
- Perform or guide Quality Associate’s (QA) performance of quality testing functions especially measurement and documentation.
- Monitor effectiveness of plant measurement systems and review for opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Serve as technical support to all measurement systems and test methods. Design and support execution of measurement system analysis (MSA) and gage studies and maintain documentation for historical data.
- Assist Quality Engineering group to revise in process, final inspection, training, and corrective action quality plans and update quality system documents as required.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Minimum of a 2-year Associate Degree (preferably with a manufacturing quality focus.)
- 2+ years experience in an operations quality assurance or process improvement position.
- Knowledge of statistical methods for quality control (Six-Sigma Green Belt skills [certification preferred])
- Knowledge of MSA, GR&R, instrumentation and basic programming
- Understanding of the regulatory industry requirements ISO13485, and Quality Systems Regulation. Working knowledge of the integration between facility documentation and manufacturing processes. Ability to implement documentation to meet business, user, and regulatory requirements.
- Prefer a working knowledge of spreadsheet applications, word processing, and graphics software to perform necessary tasks for preparing required correspondence, reports and communication.
Title: Measurements Technician
Location: Durham NC
Client Job ID: 1587603