* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Materials Supervisor overall purpose is to supervise all aspects of purchasing, scheduling, inventory, logistics; designs and executes strategies and plans to meet company’s short-term and long-term supply chain management/production control requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implement a fully functional supply chain management/production control infrastructure
- Responsible for timely procurement of materials
- Determine and manage inventory requirements to maximize inventory turns
- Insure accuracy of data within computer system and maintain clean, organized inventory locations
- Supervise logistics including shipping and receiving
- Supervise staff and provide clear direction while promoting accountability and empowerment of employees
- Responsible for meeting goals and objectives for department
- Drive improvements through documentation of policies and procedures and development of ERP and MRP systems
- Maintain key performance indicators for department
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers, other departments, and suppliers
- Negotiate vendor agreements
- Reduce waste through improved lean techniques
- Project Management
- Performance Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Strategic Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.