* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a nationwide manufacturer of kitchen and bath cabinet fixtures, on their search for a Materials Manager in Orange VA. With 18 plants and 15 service centers across North America, they offer team members a wide variety of opportunities for career advancement and reward.
What You Will Do:
Overall coordination of the planning, ordering, receipt, storage, and distribution of all materials. Works with providers and suppliers on effectively managing material flows to support production requirements and capacity constraints.
- Manage 1 Supervisor and 15-20 hourly personnel across 3 shifts.
- Accurately accounts for all materials, ensuring accuracy meets threshold levels.
- Oversees all material transactions making sure all transactions are accurate and timely.
- Monitors material controls to ensure levels support requirements & capacities.
- Effectively communicates with clients, providers, and suppliers on expectations pertaining to
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using computer-based material management and proven proficiency with MRP systems; AS-400 proprietary systems or SAP.
- Lean Six Sigma training is required. Lean CI project experience strongly preferred.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Degree (Engineering or related discipline) required.
- APICS CPIM or CIRM Certification is preferred; actively working towards certification will be considered in lieu of certification. CPM certification a plus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of manufacturing experience; minimum of 5 years of supervision experience (multiple departments)
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Materials Manager
Location: Orange VA
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Client Job ID: 1579015