* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Our client is a multi-billion dollar American manufacturer of household & personal care products such as specialty powders, laundry detergents, fabric care, specialty chemicals and more. With global reach and meaningful impact, they are committed to providing products consumers can count on, and currently looking for a problem-solving, critical thinking & keenly curious individual to take on the role of Materials Manager in their southern Kansas City MO location.
Leading a team of 5 and reporting to the Plant Manager, the Materials Manager is critical in managing the Materials Management function at both the plant and distribution center. You will oversee areas of Production Planning, Materials Purchasing & Inventory. A myriad of responsibilities will include working with HQ on the plant manufacturing schedule, executing of FG inventory strategy, ordering raw materials, packaging/warehousing, all manufacturing operations planning and scheduling, and more.
- Works in conjunction with Quality and Manufacturing to provide the most efficient approach to integration of new items while maintaining high packaging conversions.
- Continuously assess raw material yields and support plant process improvement activities related to waste, scrap and usages; manage the budget for Material purchases and Security.
- Develops cost savings programs focusing on reducing complexity in manufacturing and distribution.
- Responsible for distribution activities with other distribution sites to assure a steady, seamless flow of product to the customer.
- Ensures transportation requirements are executed within division of tonnage while maintaining company and plant service targets. This would include freight-in for raw materials & Finished goods and outbound freight requirements.
- Manage new product introduction timelines, system accuracy and interfaces with corporate key contacts. Facilitates with all departments internal to plant to ensure products are produced on time and correct the first time.
- Required: Experience in manufacturing (at a plant level)
- Bachelors of Arts or Science in related field
- 5-10 years of broad-based Distribution or Materials management experience
Title: Materials Manager
Location: Harrisonville MO
Lucas Group Job ID: 1578488