* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Shift: Night Shift 6pm-6am: 2on, 2off, 3on, 2off, 2on, 3off (Work ½ the Year, have a 3 day weekend every other weekend)
What You Will Do:
Manage shift production in achieving safety, quality, service, waste, and productivity goals. Provide strong leadership to the team and manage the systems, equipment, people and materials according to established policies, procedures, specifications and customer requirements.
- Oversee daily production to ensure production schedules are met; understand production schedule and recommend areas for improvement.
- Analyze production information using the production dashboard and SAP.
- Monitor products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Evaluate equipment and material problems and interact with Maintenance, Process Engineering, and others to resolve them.
- Maintaining a safe department free from injury and exceeding environmental and safety requirements/standards.
- Monitor employee practices to ensure they comply with regulatory and company safety and quality policies.
- Manage employee schedules and vacation requests to ensure adequate coverage.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience in operations, production supervision, quality, maintenance or related experience preferred - OR - equivalent combination of education and relevant experience totaling 5+ years
- SAP experience a plus
Title: Manufacturing Supervisor
Location: Des Moines IA
Client Job ID: 1582956