We are partnering with our client, a manufacturer of highly engineered products supporting aerospace, industrial, medical, defense, and military industries, on a Manufacturing Manager to help the company continue growing. Why work here? Growing company, dynamic atmosphere, challenging, thought provoking, manning your own destiny, responsible for your own decisions, instant feedback, and investing in new equipment.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Reports – leads, manufacturing engineers, 20 indirect
- Incoming, outgoing, bonders, laminators, stockroom, capacity/constraints
- Work on growth and maintenance
- Improve how release new products to the floor
- Determine if tooling is adequate
- Change level of agility; reduce errors; manage capacity better; maybe automate some of the capacity.
- B.S. In Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience as a manager.
- AS9100 knowledge is a plus
- Proven experience in continuous improvement
- Experience with manufacturer developing new products
- Reporting capacity constraints, how to grow business, notice bottleneck
- Ideally aerospace (concerned about most buzz words)
- Med dev has transferrable
- Electronics – assemble circuit cards
- Understand blow out drawings
- Experience in Avionics or Display manufacturing companies
- Know where to find info if don’t know
- Experience in managing programs that have multiple phases from development to manufacturing (typically 6 to 18 months long).
- Proficient capability with MS Office & MS Project