Our firm has partnered with one of the top manufacturing plants to assist with their search for a team player who will be a crucial resource within operations engineering. The ideal candidate is expected to apply sound industrial engineering and lean manufacturing practices in heavy manufacturing plant environments across multiple locations. The ideal candidate will be responsible for handling BOM table changes, material costing, delivery of capacity analysis, ensure process standardization at all plant locations, as well as configuration changes and testing for custom orders and/or highly specialized products. Lastly, the ideal candidate will also be heavily involved with product engineering consultation for the product, sales, customer service, and order writing teams.
• Lead in the development of new product integration, new processes and introduction of new materials into the manufacturing process.
• Continuously support the Residential division in leveraging the capabilities of its manufacturing sites and improving profitability by consolidating our product offering and synergizing our supply chain.
• Responsible for managing the configurations of our entire product portfolio in the ERP system, including BOM and manufacturing route modifications as our processes and/or our product designs are optimized.
• Prepares analysis of production efficiencies against standard costs and works with the plant engineering staffs to improve efficiencies in underperforming operations. Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Acts as a leader in Process Change Request process, soliciting and analyzing the appropriate data to make informed decisions and recommendations on proposed changes to our products and processes.
• Create, share and maintain best practices with other Masonite Residential sites.
• Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
• Facilitate process/continuous improvement through Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, assist or lead projects centered on productivity improvements in the process.
• Lead and justify capital projects that lead to improvements of our key metrics: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Costs.
• Support, cost estimate and document all engineering changes.
• Support production in reducing / eliminating equipment and tooling downtime or scrap, utilizing good analytical methodologies.
• Developing and controlling Standard Work Documentation and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• 5 to 7 years of experience in a plant or staff Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering position.
• ERP experience a must.
• PC proficiency including MS Office, AutoCAD proficiency a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain detail-oriented focus while balancing several simultaneous duties and initiatives.
• Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to independently manage workload and continuously promote a reduced stress environment.
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Manufacturing certification desired.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing/mechanical processes and technology equipment.