We are pleased to be representing our client, a leader for over 100 years in providing furniture to OEM’s and consumers on their search for a Director of Manufacturing. This is an exciting role for someone with experience managing 3rd party contract manufacturers to ensure quality, pricing, and delivery objectives are met. This company has a culture that embraces changes, invests in their employees, and is celebrating their continued growth.
The Director of Manufacturing will work with both company-owned and contract manufacturing partners to oversee production. We are looking for someone with experience in sourcing & managing relationships with 3rd party manufacturing in Asia. Our client does also have domestic facilities that could benefit from continued process improvements. The ideal candidate will have experience with metal stamping & plastic injection molding.
Director of Manufacturing Responsibilities
- Oversee the performance of domestic plants.
- Manage relationships with international manufacturing partners
- Verify all products meet quality, cost, and delivery objectives
- Ensure safety & quality standards are observed
- Work with other internal departments to make sure the organization is aligned in an unified vision
Director of Manufacturing Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Engineering, Operations, Material Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of leading manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma certifications or verifiable experience
- Knowledge of metal stamping, plastic injection molding, and light assembly processes
- Desire to teach, mentor, and motivate employees in a positive manner
- Ability to travel 30-40%, including internationally