This is a tremendous leadership opportunity with a startup 3D printing company with plans to grow its Las Vegas operation from startup to a World Class supplier in the aerospace, automotive and high tech computing industries. Our client is looking for a manufacturing leader to lead their operations in additive focused component design, mechanical engineering, additive machining, CNC machining, post production analysis and basic materials testing.
Our client utilizes the latest in Direct Metal Laser Melting (DMLM) technology to deliver complex components in days, instead of weeks and months. They bring over 20 years of manufacturing experience from the aerospace, medical, power generation and defense industries.
You will be responsible for all phases of production and personnel in providing customers with 100% on-time, zero defect products and services in conformance with agreed requirements.
- Provide operations leadership and administration support to the production of the facility through driving a sense of urgency
- Responsible for daily production plan and execution of plan
- Ensure long-term capacity plan is robust and sustained to meet/exceed customer requirements while working in lockstep with the planning department to ensure a success as a team.
- Provide necessary planning, organization, direction and control to meet the overall operational goals for the division/corporation while assuming the overall responsibility for production.
- Control and delegate appropriate work for the department managers and act as a liaison between departments (i.e.- Planning, Programs, Engineering, etc).
- Monitor key measurements and develop improvement programs.
- Facilitate Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 6S and other manufacturing strategies and principles to the shop floor aligned with corporate vision
- Carry out duties and participate in special projects, as assigned by President of the Company
- BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing / Technology, or equivalent required. MS and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-year proven shop floor operations leadership / supervisory experience in a multi-functional manufacturing environment, 8-10 years preferred
- Additive Manufacturing Experience with Powder Bed Fusion, E-Beam, Selective Laser Sintering, Binder Jet, Directed Energy Deposition, or similar is preferred
- Proven history in successfully deploying new manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge and advanced training in Lean manufacturing concepts and techniques with significant exposure to Visual Management.
- Experience with AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Management System