Our client in North Houston is looking for a Technical Accounting Manager to add to their team. This person will be responsible for providing technical accounting guidance to the global finance organization and other corporate functions to ensure accurate and timely financial information in compliance with US GAAP.
The responsibilities will primarily be focused around supporting M&A transactions and implementing new accounting standards. The remaining 1/3 of the duties will be split between ad hoc projects, technical research, and public reporting.
Technical Accounting Manager duties include:
- Provide technical accounting guidance in the identification and application of US GAAP, SEC, and other authoritative accounting guidance in support of the company’s global organization.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to various levels of management throughout the global organization.
- Provide technical accounting guidance for business acquisitions through active participation as the primary US GAAP expert on the company’s global merger and acquisition due diligence teams.
- Frequently interacts with company’s external auditors in evaluating technical accounting positions and public disclosure matters.
- Support the quarterly and year-end public reporting process through oversight of significant footnotes including acquisitions, pensions, and new accounting pronouncements.
- Provide technical updates and training as necessary to the global finance organization as well as other corporate functions.
- Manage the company’s annual goodwill impairment testing.
- 5+ years of recent audit experience with a national public accounting firm
- Experience in interpretation and application of technical accounting rules and regulations