Position: Manager of M&A integration
· Provides thought leadership and analytical rigor to identify operational and integration issues pre- and post- acquisition, developing solutions, and driving decision making and escalation across multiple stakeholders.
· Accelerates integration timing without being disruptive to the acquired affiliate’s performance, providing change management and milestone execution plans to the acquired company.
· Helps to optimize internal department integration processes, standardize and refine the A&F integration playbooks, general ledger accounting methodology, financial reporting, and cross-functional communications.
· Coordinates the transition of accounting services of select acquired affiliate to corporate accounting teams.
· Represents A&F department at integration team meetings and reports on progress.
· Participates in audit processes of acquisition accounting if necessary.
· Assists with managing working capital true-up calculations and transaction escrow releases for acquired affiliates.
· Facilitates stakeholder alignment across a diverse set of groups including local leadership, managing partners, and executive leadership.
· Aligns & reports on transaction value drivers and success metrics on a regular cadence.
· Advanced degree, including Masters in Accounting, Business or Finance or relevant advanced license or certification, including CPA (inactive is acceptable) or CFA required
· 5-7+ years of relevant business experience
· 2-3+ years of acquisition experience, including quality of earnings (QoE) at top-tier national or regional transaction advisory services (TAS) accounting firm required
· Healthcare services industry experience required
· 3+ years of project management experience, required and process improvement orientation (multi-departmental coordination of checklists, deadlines, and projects)
· Financial modeling and private equity-backed M&A experience strongly preferred
· General ledger system integrations and opening balance sheet experience strongly preferred
· Ability to travel as needed by plane/car; at times overnight
· Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint and advanced excel reference cells and scalable modeling required.
· Proven ability to oversee structured process improvement initiatives to increase efficiencies.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels; both internal and external.
· Exercises sound judgment in responding to inquiries; understands when to route inquiries to next level.
· Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
· Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously within inflexible time frames. Ability to adapt to frequent priority changes.
· Proven ability to lead and develop a team and drive performance improvement, demonstrated by progressive increases in management responsibility.
· Team player that develops strong collaborative working relationships with internal partners and can effectively engage and ability to build consensus among cross-functional teams.
· Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.