* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Provide management and supervision to a Product Support Engineering team for manufacturing tactical radio products and accessories. This will include lifecycle support to the component level for hardware and release support for software. The team works closely with both the design engineering community and all operational resources to enable continuous manufacturing. Program support is also required to enable new business opportunities.
- Strong leadership and management skills to lead and further develop support team, including generating objectives and providing feedback to the team members
- Ability to prioritize tasks and issues based on technical challenge and revenue impact.
- Ability to generate project schedules and tack budgets, staffing and progress.
- Champion for continuous improvement at the individual level with the ability to influence a product and/or department level impact
- Program support skills including development of technical baselines, estimates, and supporting documentation
- Diverse product development knowledge from component selection through change orders and factory implementation
- Well-rounded technical skills required to understand software defined radio products and accessories. This should include RF (HF through Microwave), analog circuitry, magnetics, digital and programmable logic, networking, and system integration
- Should be familiar with a broad range of test techniques and automation used to assemble and test electronic circuit boards and products
- Working knowledge of how to maintain electronic component supply chain and plan for critical and end of life events
- Provide timely and thorough response to issues that impact continuous production and generation of revenue in the JROC focus factories with staffing and problem-solving expertise
Education & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-department project teams or manage across the function.
- Desired experience with manufacturing and testing electronic circuit boards and radio products
Title: Electrical Engineering Manager
Location: Rochester NY
Client Job ID: 1580464