Our client, a growing Fortune 250 company has an opening for an Accounting Manager. Offering 9/80’s and a competitive total compensation package, the Accounting Manager will manage the accounting employees and activities within the finance department and coordinates the implementation of accounting control.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, and/or payroll. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports
- Directs the daily operations of the accounting department
- Directs and Performs Month-End Close functions. Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Provides financial system oversight and support. Completes periodic audits of financial system controls.
- Reviews and understands the budget and forecast and assumptions included along with variance analysis against actuals
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Work closely with Operations and Management teams, providing financial support and summarizing financial results.
- 10+ years experience
- CPA required
- Prior leadership experience in a Corporate Accounting or Finance role
- Variety of good experience with consolidations, change management, system implementations, technical accounting, corporate accounting and adhoc projects.
- Operations accounting exposure is required
- Public Accounting experience highly preferred
- Budgeting, variance analysis, understanding of detailed and complex modeling (cash flows, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required.