* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a leading operator of discount variety stores, on their search for a Distribution Center Maintenance Technician in Ocala FL. This is a Fortune 200 company, operating more than 15,000 retail stores across North America, looking for people who offer inspiration and innovation, as well as have an internal drive for results. They offer outstanding benefits packages as well as an Employee Assistance Program, to help maintain a positive work-life balance and help support any challenges an associate may face.
What You Will Do:
- Perform routine, detailed preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, troubleshoots and repairs all Distribution Center systems (conveyors, controllers, material handling equipment, alarm systems, fire detection and suppression systems, detectors, sensors, scanners, hydraulic / pneumatic systems.)
- General repairs on HVAC, plumbing, electrical and general construction
- Utilize CMMS to retrieve and complete work orders; ensure parts are properly withdrawn for inventory and accounted for on appropriate work order.
- Develop knowledge base of different systems within the Distribution Center and participate in training Technician Levels I and II; utilize CMMS to assign work to Technician Levels I and II.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with audits of maintenance performed to ensure highest quality.
- Analyze maintenance projects to determine effective implementations.
- Troubleshoot and repair all conveyor systems (to included motors, motor controllers, control cabinets, detectors and sensors.)
- Troubleshoot and repair powered industrial equipment.
- Understand and able to troubleshoot local area data communication, PLC/PC controlled devices.
- Completes daily power equipment checklist; report any defects to management and/or maintenance.
Education and Work Requirements:
- 2 year degree in maintenance discipline preferred.
- Proficient in Electronic/Electrical, Battery Equipment, Other Equipment (scrubber, boom lift, etc.), Machining/Lathe/Mill, MHE Mechanical Systems, Welding, Hydraulics, data communication, PLC / PC controllers
- Must pass Powered Material Handling Equipment Certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Ocala FL
Client Industry: Retail Distribution
Client Job ID: 1579065