* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
The Maintenance Technician II position is the backbone to the day to day operations, within the Maintenance Department. Must be able to perform a variety of duties requiring a high degree of responsibility, skill, knowledge, training and experience. The position is expected to work with minimal supervision or direction to complete projects and assignments. Ability to support projects at off site locations for up to 1 week in length may be requested, but not required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the evaluation and troubleshooting and implementation of corrective actions of complex electric controls, on both micro-processor and relay designs
- Troubleshoot and support internally designed and fabrication automation equipment
Develop or modify production and prototype automated assembly equipment and fixtures.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and implement corrective actions on all machinery and auxiliary automated assembly equipment.
- Support electronic interface, mechanical installation, design/fabrication and end of arm tooling, repair and maintenance of various brands of secondary automation devices for automated production equipment
- Ensure proper communication to all levels of plant employees, both verbally and written.
- Develop operating and maintenance manuals for a variety of equipment.
- Develop preventative maintenance requirements and schedules for equipment.
- Support fabrication of machine components and fixtures or support the repairs and improvements of mechanical devices which support the production departments.
- Evaluate problems and determine root cause corrective actions as to woodworking process, tooling or machine malfunction.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
- Champion company mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 5-7 years of experience in electronics; hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical experience.
- Ability to evaluate design flaws and implement corrective actions to eliminate chronic problems or excessive downtime in areas of assignment.
- Knowledge in robotic/CNC systems with ability to support the electrical, electronic interface, mechanical installation, design/fabrication, repair and maintenance of various brands of secondary automation devices for automated production equipment
- Must have strong electrical systems experience to include PLC (Level >2) and touchscreen technologies, and the use of test equipment and measurement systems such as ohmmeters, etc.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbally and written)
- Ability to develop operating and maintenance manuals for a variety of equipment.
- Ability to develop preventative maintenance requirements and schedules for equipment.
- Ability to read and understand component, machine design electric, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and blueprints.
- Basic math and engineering skills to support the design or modification of equipment or fixtures as required.
- Must have general shop machinery skills, mills, lathes, grounding, and welding