* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Lucas Group has partnered with our client, a global packaging manufacturer for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical and home- and personal-care products, on their search for a Maintenance Technician in Augusta GA. The majority of the company’s packaging is designed to be recyclable or reusable, with remaining challenges to be overcome within 5 years through leadership and innovation.
What You Will Do:
SHIFT: Hours will be 12hour shifts, Monday-Thursday. Weekends if deemed necessary.
Responsible for completion of the day-to-day activities involving installation, troubleshooting, electrical wiring, electrical power-up, repair, and maintenance of the production facility and related equipment and machinery, including blown film extrusion lines, to support the production process and achieve business goals and quality production standards. The role may involve additional responsibilities and opportunities as they become necessary and/or are assigned by management. Will report directly to Project Manager.
- Perform highly diversified duties to repair, maintain, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment, machines, and facilities.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform machinist skills for fabricating parts as needed.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and the troubleshooting of blown film extruders and ancillary equipment.
- Perform electrical skills, including repairing electrical controls, equipment and wiring, as well as the troubleshooting, installation, and repair of electrical components and high frequency drives.
- Knowledge of vacuum pumps and systems, material handling systems (loaders, silos)
- Maintain Maintenance shop cleanliness and orderliness.
- Wear all personal safety equipment required by Company policy and follow all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Rotate on-call schedule with maintenance staff; ability to work overtime as required.
About Lucas Group
Lucas Group is North America’s premier executive recruiting solutions firm. Since 1970, our culture and methodologies have driven superior results. We assist clients ranging in size from small to medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies by providing staffing solutions on a contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. To learn more, please visit Lucas Group at www.lucasgroup.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Augusta GA
Client Industry: Packaging & Containers
Client Job ID: 1577321