Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a Maintenance Technician.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Perform major rehabilitation and replacement work on wastewater treatment equipment in order to maintain continuous operation.
- Perform industrial mechanical maintenance (e.g., overhauls, rebuilds) on specialized wastewater plant process equipment.
- Maintain, inspect, repair, install, troubleshoot, lubricate, and adjust AlexRenew wastewater machinery and equipment.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in produce or test methods.
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify, and plan requirements for fabrication, assembly, and testing.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance.
- Trouble-shoot complex problems and perform highly-skilled mechanical tasks. Observe and document variations to normal operating conditions.
- Participate in the development, planning, and implementation of ongoing preventive maintenance programs. Perform operability review of processes, products, and plant procedures.
- Retrieve, compile, compare, and analyze predictive maintenance data such as vibration reports, oil sample reports, and infrared analysis reports. Analyze test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications.
- Review product specifications and system designs pertaining to wastewater treatment equipment.
- Generate and close work orders using the AVANTIS system.
- Attend training classes or seminars on new equipment and processes. May be asked to train other personnel who will be involved in the maintenance of equipment.
- Actively promotes safe behaviors and health awareness at all times in the execution of daily tasks.
- Knowledge of the general maintenance of pumps such as centrifugal pumps, and chemical metering pumps as needed to troubleshoot, perform inspections, and installation; wastewater equipment such as blowers, aeration systems, valves, regulators, disinfection equipment, bar screens, grit removal equipment, conveyance systems, level and flow controls, pneumatic and control systems, cranes, and centrifuges as needed to maintain continuous wastewater treatment plant operation required; operation of building service equipment such as boilers (200-400HP), heat exchangers, air compressors, auxiliary engines and diesel generators, HVAC systems, and fuel handling systems (natural gas and methane gas) preferred.
- Ability to perform mechanical maintenance on building service equipment and wastewater treatment equipment such as pumps, blowers, aeration systems, disinfection equipment, grit removal equipment, conveyance systems, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems, boilers, HVAC systems, and centrifuges.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand and listen to others in order to take direction.
- Ability to recognize trends in mechanical systems as needed to identify and recommend more efficient and effective replacement equipment.
- Ability to analyze historical data from sources such as SCADA and CMMS as needed to troubleshoot equipment problems and determine reasons for equipment failure.
- Ability to read technical prints, technical instructions, mechanical drawings, and procedure manuals desired.
- Ability to write as needed to compose technical reports and create standard operating procedures desired.
- Ability to conduct research as needed to keep abreast of new technology and product availability.
- Ability to analyze various reports to include vibration reports, infrared reports, and oil sample reports.
- Ability to review contractual specifications to ensure work is completed as required.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Client Industry: Utilities
Lucas Group ID: