* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
What You Will Do:
Responsible for safely completing maintenance assignments to build, repair and/or maintain all equipment in good operating condition as quickly and accurately as possible; while keeping associated costs to a minimum to help meet plant goals. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Technician is expected to be multi-skilled and able to contribute to plant maintenance activities in a variety of craft disciplines.
- Troubleshoots mechanical devices in operation. Dismantles and examines devices to gain access to and remove defective parts. Adjusts, repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Sets up and operates shop machinery such as drill press, grinders, band saws, cutting torch, welder. etc. Uses hand tools and pneumatic tools to modify or repair parts and equipment.
- Installs new or repairs/modifies electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment as needed.
- Improves reliability and up-time of all equipment. Takes a proactive approach to equipment issues with a preventive maintenance mentality.
- Operates forklift and aerial lift platform as needed.
- Researches supplies, parts and tools needed to efficiently complete work orders.
- Assists in identifying and maintaining an accurate inventory of parts by effective utilization of a CMMS.
- Contributes to upkeep and updating of required paperwork such as records, maintenance logs, documents, manuals, drawings, PM logs, etc.
- Follows applicable Safety, Health and Environmental rules and guidelines.
Education and Work Requirements
- 5+ years prior experience in industrial maintenance, electrical, mechanical, or related field (combination of education and experience deemed equivalent)
- Strong Industrial Electrical experience (troubleshoot and repair PLC's, electronics experience, DC drive units, programmable logic, working with 3 phase motors, 480v and below, MA current signals.)
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems (gear boxes, motors, air compressors, pumps, AC, DC, drive troubleshooting, etc.)
- Must be able to navigate electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics and blueprints.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Salisbury MD
Client Job ID: 1586206