* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Job Description & Responsibilities:
Responsible for bringing to life assembly and process equipment for the startup of new manufacturing operations in Acton, MA plant. The role will then transition to direct engineering and maintenance of equipment with accountability to ensure a high level of machine uptime and minimal production scrap on complex discrete component assembly equipment.
Responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and improvement of process equipment. Will be trained to repair, maintain and improve the reliability of various stations including: lasers, optical gaging devices, continuity testing, inspection, etc.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems on equipment.
- Perform various equipment preventive maintenance tasks (i.e., cleaning, inspection, and lubrication) as necessary.
- Thoroughly document maintenance activity using the maintenance database, adequately communicate maintenance issues to appropriate employees (e.g., other maintenance techs, operators, engineers, supervisors, etc.)
- Interface directly with manufacturing and corporate representatives to help create and execute preventative maintenance schedules, as well as resolve complex quality, process, or safety defects.
- Troubleshoot and identify potential decision or solutions for mechanical errors, safety issues or general operating inefficiencies with assembly production processes.
- Organize, report, and present technical work to various levels within the organization.
- Create and train standard operating procedures for the setup and maintenance of assembly equipment.
- Champion process improvement in assigned areas though rigorous data analysis (MTBF, Corrective Maintenance, sources of waste, etc.) and root cause analysis.
Skills and Work Requirements:
- Must be quality-conscious, aggressively self-directed, motivated team players, and willing trainers—eager to gain and share new knowledge.
- 3+ years of direct experience in working with, assembling, debugging and optimizing automated assembly equipment. Application of in depth technical knowledge in the areas of assembly processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of piece part tolerances, inspection processes and impacts to fit and function of assemblies and equipment.
Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Acton MA
Client Job ID: 1580523