Lucas Group has partnered with our client in on their search for a 1st Shift Maintenance Supervisor.
**Seeking Candidates with a Military Background**
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Maintenance Supervisor is to direct the day-to-day activities and assign tasks as necessary. This position will coordinate Machine Maintenance and Electro/Mechanical Tech resources to support the plant as required. Continuous improvement recommendations are expected in order to improve processes and systems corporate wide. This position will also assist production management in the maintenance, training and operation of this equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all activities/persons associated with the direction and support of maintenance functions at a given company's location. This could include building, machine, and supports groups depending upon the location.
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise the installation and relocation of manufacturing equipment , as well as, dust collection, compressed air and electrical systems.
- Develop, learn and train others in the operation of all types of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Rebuild, refurbish and modernize old or obsolete machinery, processes or technology.
- Trouble, test, adjust and repair manufacturing, equipment and processes.
- Comply and enforce all safety procedures, including LOTO, and is responsible for shutting down any equipment that may pose
- a safety risk.
- Work with manufacturing Management to develop and improve SOP’s related to all manufacturing equipment.
- Contribute ideas for equipment in all areas using appropriate means of communication.
- Enforce all safety and OSHA policies as required to maintain compliance.
- Team player requiring minimal supervision.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Title: 1st Shift Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Ripley, MS
Client Industry: Manufacturing
Lucas Group ID: