* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
Degree NOT Required – It is a Plus.
Electronics/Electrical Technology and/or equivalent formal training and work experience. Completion of formal management skills training program.
Prior supervision experience in plant maintenance and engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge in Heating, Ventilating, and Air conditioning; Refrigeration, Welding, Electronic/Electrical Equipment repair, Industrial Equipment installation, start-up, repair, etc.
- Read, understand and implement schematics and mechanical drawings.
- License as required by state, industry, city, county boiler, refrigeration, etc.). May be required to possess/maintain a valid license to operate applicable heavy equipment, including forklift.
- Physically capable of rapid, unimpeded movement to all areas of plant. Able to climb fixed and portable ladders. Able to crawl under and climb onto machinery and equipment.
- Ability to lift and hold up to 50 pounds from floor level to 48 inches. Dexterity in fingers, arms, and hands enough to perform complex wiring, welding and written communication.
- Ability to view product for proper size and color. Ability to distinguish color coded equipment. Vision enough to distinguish operating lights and panels on machinery and equipment. Must be able to hear and identify audible alarm systems. Must be able to hear and identify normal and abnormal equipment operating sounds. Must be able to work in 100 degree environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and distinctly in English (in person and via telephone) and/or other language, if required. Ability to generate written communication. Ability to read and review written communication, blue prints, wiring diagrams, schematic, etc.
- Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc. Must have ability to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
- Ability to work evenings and/or night shifts including weekends.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Plan, assign, supervise and direct activities of maintenance employees. Position requires demonstration of competency for all on-the-job activities that may have a direct or indirect affect on employee safety, legality and/or product quality. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for delivering 1000% Customer Satisfaction through consistent, predictable, high quality products.
- Ensures plant facility and equipment are maintained according to standards.
- Assists Chief Engineer / Assistant Chief Engineer in the performance of assigned duties.
- Plans, assigns and supervises work of Engineering Personnel on assigned shift.
- Trains new employees in accordance with established training programs and plant procedures. Demonstrates procedures unique to plant operations.
- Supervises and/or participates in the repair and maintenance of all plant machinery and equipment.
- Maintains good employee relations.
- Promotes established safety programs and insure safe operating procedures and monitor employee compliance.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and organized during assigned shift.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies and procedures (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Safety, etc.)
- Position is responsible for ensuring staff is fully trained in and operates within the parameters of the facility’s Security Program with regards to site and product security.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervision.
- Performance of other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operation rules, policies and procedures.
- Completion of work orders into CMMS system (including noted issues, additional work orders as need, etc.) to build asset reliability history.
- Parts inventory and analysis (min/max, lead time requirements, cost tracking).
- Daily debriefs with the maintenance staff.