* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Effectively manage maintenance labor, materials and equipment to minimize production downtime and maintenance costs.
- Directly supervise personnel and coach associates to build knowledge.
- Identify gap in equipment expertise and cross train others to eliminate risk.
- Utilize the assessment as a training guide and discuss progression with associates on a regular basis, by providing candid feedback, goals and expectations.
- Support and enforce company policies (vacation, sick days, etc.) and safety procedures. Complete required documentation and disciplinary actions for infractions.
- Assign work to leverage equipment availability and maximize productivity of associates.
- Direct and support contractors and associates from other departments. This includes audits of progress and quality of work for all work performed on cast iron equipment.
- Review and process all incoming notifications for validity, quality, and priority, daily.
- Lead and support continuous improvement initiatives using problem solving methodologies (5S, RCA, BPR)
- Drive changes and make recommendations for reoccurring equipment issues and capital purchases.
- Audit completed work orders for accuracy (notes, PM#, confirmation, time entry, etc.) to support data analysis.
- Audit documents for accuracy and field submittals from skilled trades associates, and submit change requests as required, including but not limited to: PM’s, BOM’s, job plans, and procedures.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Associates degree in Supervisory Management preferred or completion of a similar program within 2 years is required.
- 2-3 years experience in Maintenance field preferred.
- Good mechanical aptitude; technical school training in hydraulic, pneumatics, basic electrical.
- Able to read blueprints.
- SAP knowledge is a plus.
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Kohler WI
Client Job ID: 1583335