* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
This position supervises maintenance and contract employees (mechanical and electrical) to ensure a reliable and safe Maintenance program for the facility. Reports to Maintenance Superintendent, but also works with the department production superintendents and department supervisors to plan and perform maintenance as required assuring efficient operations. The position is also very involved in applying maintenance reliability practices to avoid maintenance expense and to avoid equipment outages where possible. They will take an active role in managing the Maintenance group and coaching employees to reach their fullest potential by providing feedback in a manner that is effective, consistent and fair.
Essential Job Functions:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Responsible for ensuring proper execution of scheduled maintenance work as planned by the Maintenance Superintendent
- Supervises the day to day activities of maintenance mechanics and electricians
- Insures that all PPE and GMP rules are being followed while work is being performed
- Work with production to prioritize required repair work and to insure that the procedures for monitoring equipment meet the needs of the company.
- Coach employees in the areas of job performance, attendance, safety and other related appraisal criteria
- Uses Maximo and other computer systems to maintain records and files essential to meaningful analysis and reporting of maintenance information
- Monitor work accomplished for quantity, quality, safe work practices, and GMPs against accepted department and company standards
- Support and comply with all food safety, quality, and legality requirements
- Other similar duties as assigned
- Must be able to establish expectations for safety, reliability, quality, service and productivity
- Good decision making ability and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Products and Computerized Maintenance Management Software
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership experience and ability to work in a team environment
- Must be customer focused and be proactive in dealing with conflict, influencing others, listening, management of priorities, organization & planning, partnering, and utilizing a proactive approach to reliability
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Associates Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Instrumentation related field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Strong demonstrated expertise in either mechanical or electrical maintenance, with in-depth exposure to the other areas (mechanical or I&E maintenance)
- Previous leadership/supervisory experience preferred
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.