* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Maintain reliability and availability of plant equipment using a computerized asset management system and data analytics.
- Responsible for work execution; trains assigned staff, assigns and reviews repairs, installations and maintenance tasks and work, evaluates work performance and initiates appropriate personnel actions.
- Instructs, supervises and monitors quality of work assigned.
- Inspects areas of responsibility on a regular basis to locate problems or deterioration.
- Responsible for maintaining records of maintenance activities, personnel performance, business documents, etc.
- Reads and interprets drawings, specifications and policies.
- Applies and demonstrates ability to plan, organize and execute assignments effectively and efficiently including time management, effective utilization of resources and productivity reporting, and meeting deadlines.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions in absence of/in conjunction with other technicians, identifies appropriate resolution, directs corrective actions.
- Works with Planner/Schedulers to efficiently plan and schedule all mechanical and electrical preventive and repair work to keep all assets functional and plant compliant.
- Trains and ensures use of safety equipment and follows established safety procedures for all work.
- Coordinates job shutdowns with approved Shutdown Request Forms and Action Plans and/or start-ups with Operational Staff for major repairs.
- Researches capabilities of existing systems and offers recommendations for changes.
- Bachelors degree (water or wastewater treatment, biology, chemistry or related area) preferred.
- 5 years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations (Department of Environment Quality, EPA, OSHA standards, etc.)
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Alexandria, VA
Lucas Group ID: 1586378