* This company is specifically seeking candidates with U.S. military experience *
What You Will Do:
Primary responsibility is work execution of all scheduled maintenance activities and assigned projects at the site. Accountable to the Maintenance Manager for the efficient and effective use of all maintenance resources and materials, while under direct supervision. Charged with the development of the trades assigned to ensure the site has a well-trained, effective, and efficient maintenance workforce. Provides support and technical guidance to department for proper job execution.
- Reviews all planned job packages for labor requirements, materials, parts, methods, permits, and priorities.
- Evaluates all Emergency work identified to ensure an emergency response is necessary, or, directs the creation of a work order that can be planned and scheduled in the future.
- Ensures appropriate resources for each planned and scheduled job have the correct skill levels for proper work execution.
- Controls Job Execution. Directs Trades in the performance of approved maintenance jobs. Controls quality, duration, cost and thoroughness of all work under their direct supervision.
- Monitors each job closely by frequently visiting jobs in progress to ensure job quality and progress. Interfaces with the Production Department on any changes in duration or any other conditions that impacts the schedule.
- Ensures that all work, including modifications and changes to any process have a valid work order with all specified approvals.
- Ensures that good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed in the shop and on all job sites; actively leads safety awareness and information sharing meetings.
- Controls all maintenance overtime, tardiness, and absenteeism in accordance with established site standards.
- Devotes ample time to On-The-Job (OJT) training and observation of skills exhibited by each individual to determine where individual skills enhancements are necessary.
- Ensures the orderly conduct of maintenance team members with respect to company policy and procedures compliance. Also acts in the first step of the process to promptly and fairly resolve conflicts.
- Assures accurate distribution of time and materials to specific jobs by ensuring accurate work order completion information, including failure cause, action taken, component and condition found information within the work order system.
- Distributes work orders directly to those assigned to perform the task; signs each work order, indicating completion of each job in a quality manner.
- Provides timely progress reporting to management on all maintenance cost and performance data with regular updates on relevant issues.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Quality Prerequisite programs as assigned by the plant’s SQF practitioner.
Education and Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required - or – 6-7 years of experience in a similar role
- 3+ years operations management (preferably in a food manufacturing environment)
- Safety Management and Risk Management experience
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: College Station TX
Client Job ID: 1585887