* This company is specifically seeking candidates with military experience. *
What You Will Do:
Supervise the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department. Provide technical and process support focusing on quality and process improvement, cost reduction, safety enhancement and electrical and mechanical troubleshooting. Implement PM plan and schedule to maximize machine uptime and production availability.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance programs and effectively schedule maintenance staff to meet the demands of production.
- Ensure maintenance staff utilizes safe work practices including but not limited to LOTO, hot work, confined space, use of proper PPE and maintaining adherence to safety training standards.
- Determine machine repair priority through communication with production, technical and quality departments.
- Troubleshoot daily production and process problems; communicate with operations, quality, and technical departments regarding manufacturing problems; investigate root causes, help develop and implement corrective actions.
- Identify, develop and manage process improvement projects specifically aimed at improving operational efficiencies (waste, productivity, costs). This includes the ongoing development and training of required methods and procedures.
Educational & Work Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Engineering) - or - 2 year technical degree and adequate experience in a related field
- 2-5 years supervisory experience (preferably in a manufacturing environment)
- Previous experience with lean management principles
- Must have a strong knowledge in electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical and PLC/PC-based control systems
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Des Moines IA
Client Job ID: 1582958