Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Los Angeles (east of downtown)
Reports to: Plant Engineer
Lucas Group has exclusively partnered with a national Chemical Company who is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor. This client has been extremely stable even during the pandemic. If you meet the below qualifications, please submit your resume for review. This role will offer a competitive compensation package for the right candidate.
- Over 8 years of maintenance experience and least 2 years managing a maintenance team
- Must come from a chemical, industrial, or heavy manufacturing background (auto, electronic, food & beverage..etc)
- Big on safety and promoting a strong safety culture
- Strong leader- motivate others, supervise efficiently and safely.
- There are 2 direct reports- maintenance technicians.
- Mechanical aptitude: working gear boxes and pumps (this is a blending operation)
- Electrical experience: wiring motors, troubleshooting circuits
- Experience working with spare parts, storage areas
- Hands On- not afraid of turning the wrench and sharing knowledge
Nice to have:
- Welding or fabrication background
- Forklift PM experience
Educational requirements: HS diploma minimum
- Prefer technical trade school and/or certifications
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that adequate preventative maintenance service is performed and maintained for all production, utilities and facilities equipment. General installations are performed based on the existing Maintenance Program to keep to a minimum the Production downtime.
- Ensure you are constantly updating the Preventive Maintenance program.
- Ensure that all equipment failures are repaired promptly by demonstrating a high sense of urgency. Identify and address the root cause and provide a long-term solution.
- Efficiently perform hands-on tasks as necessary or when several activities need to be completed simultaneously that affect Production activities or when a team member is absent.
- Troubleshoot and repair motors (480VAC to 24VDC) control systems, sensors, relays, starters, timers, control panels and electric circuits in general.
- Design and fabricate electric panels and equipment control systems.
- Maintain all non-Edison electrical distribution panels, MCC panels, and all pushbutton stations ensuring they are in clean and working order.